DETROIT (WXYZ) - The Detroit Fire Department is on the scene of a large fire at a commercial building in southwest Detroit. Michigan State Police has been asked to block traffic near I-75, around South Deacon and ...
The state says 62 former employees of a food products company have pleaded guilty and will make $960,000 in restitution for fraudulently collecting unemployment benefits while continuing to ...
ACO Home, Garden & Hardware, Michigan's largest independent hardware retailer, has announced it's closing 14 "underperforming" stores in an effort to improve and strengthen the company's ...
is paying a special tribute to men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with free admission for all active, retired and honorably-discharged members of the military with valid ID. Additional tickets for immediate family members may be purchased at the gate for $39.99 ...
With every day that passes, Michigan appears less likely to add a transfer quarterback for this fall.There have been only a few players briefly associated with U-M, and both have chosen other schools. Florida ...
73.1°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SW at 10.0 MPH Gusting to 19.0 MPH
German director Wim Wenders had wanted to make a documentary about the expressionistic dancer and choreographer Pina Bausch for more than two decades. His first exposure to Bausch came in 1985 when he was taken to a performance of Caf Mller, her most famous work of tanztheater (dancer-th ... ...
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, appeared with Prince Charles, left, and his wife, Camilla. It was Kate's first public engagement in a couple of weeks. / WPA Pool/Getty ...
WASHINGTON — Twelve-year-old Sathwik Karnik of Plainville, Mass., has won the 2013 National Geographic Bee.Sathwik correctly named Chimborazo as the mountain in Ecuador that represents the farthest point from the Earth's center to clinch the title. Thirteen-year-old Conrad Oberhaus of Lincolnshire, Ill., finished second.Sathwik led throughout the final round of the 25th annual ...
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing on Wednesday said he had accepted the resignation of Nathan Ford, the city's director for the Buildings, Safety Engineering and Environmental Department ...
Mason - Ingham County Judge William Collette refused Wednesday to allow an evidentiary hearing to compel testimony from top state officials in a lawsuit seeking to void the appointment of Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr. Andrew Paterson, an attorney for union activist Robert Davis, had sought the hearing after the state Court of Appeals overturned Collette's earlier ruling that Orr and ...
Detroit - Building and Safety Engineering Director Nathan Ford has resigned to take a new job in the private sector, Mayor Dave Bing announced Wednesday. Ford is credited with establishing new policies and procedures to create efficiencies in his department. The mayor's office said the department has also been more responsive to public safety concerns, development activities and eliminating ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Detroit StarDetroit Star – Online Newspaper centering on Detroit
The Detroit Star is essentially a local Detroit newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Detroit, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Detroit, Michigan, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Detroit Star.
The Detroit Lions running back, Reggie Bush, and fiance Lilit Avagyan have become parents for the first time following the birth of their baby daughter on Monday.
Avagyan's rep told Us Weekly in a statement that she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and the newborn weighed in at 8 pounds 9 ounces, the New York Daily News reported.
Bush, who dated Kim Kardashian in the past, said that Avagyan was someone he really loves and cares about.
The 28-year-old football star started dating the dancer, 25, about a year and half ago and confirmed the pregnancy back in October 2012.
Bush expressed his feelings on becoming a father for the first time on the Lions' website in April.
"I'm very excited. Very excited about the baby. It's our first one and couldn't have come at a better time," he shared.
"It couldn't have come with a better person. Someone I really love and care about. It's great. It really worked out perfect," he wrote.(ANI)
- AMC Networks CEO Says He Sees No End to Walking Dead
- Viacom Boosts Quarterly Profit 9 Percent
- Power Lawyers Star Treks JJ Abrams Michael Bay and Les Moonves Pose With Their Attorneys
- National Candy Show Draws Pitches for Farts Candy Bacon Sex Lube
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- Potential brain switch responsible for our behavioural change identified
- Large building fire in southwest Detroit
- Police looking for witness from latest sexual assaults
- UN Secretary General Visits Africas Great Lakes Region
- Senate rejects bid to let states run food stamp program
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Graduate in four years Yeah right.
- Huntsman calls for crackdown on intellectual property theft says Washington Post
- The war on journalism
- Arrested Development Leads The Charge For Old Brands In New Media
- Lets Get Creative And Redefine The Meaning Of Religion
- Fire damages timber factory in Delhi
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Real Books From Real Trees for Real People Microsofts Fun eBook Predictions From 1999
- Task force appointed to protect environment
- Spectacular mountain running – in pictures
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Detroit Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Large building fire in southwest Detroit
- 62 to pay Michigan $960000 for jobless aid fraud
- ACO closing 14 stores in Michigan
- Cedar Point offers free admission to military for Memorial Day weekend
- U-M adding a QB transfer Not looking likely